Special Needs Assisting QQI Level 5 (ONLINE or CLASSROOM)
What is this course about CLICK HERE to listen to Sophie (Tutor)
Duration: 12 Weeks
Tuition Fee: €180
Monday 19th September 2022 (Online)
Tuesday 27th September 2022 (Classroom)
Wednesday 21st September 2022 (Online)
The purpose of this online course is to provide the learner with the background knowledge, skills and competence required to work effectively, under direction, in a special needs setting.
- The concept of special needs and its implications
- Conditions and impairments, cause, diagnosis, prognosis and epistemology
- Legislation and policy developments nationally and Internationally
- Good practice when relating to individuals with special needs
Tuition Fee: €180
Accreditation: QQI Minor Award in Special Needs 5N1786
Tuesdays course is delivered in the classroom.
Important Information: The approach to delivery may have to be adjusted at short notice moving to online depending on advice from the Government. Refunds will NOT BE given if classes have to move online from the classroom. Please ensure that you have access to a device to support your learning and you are comfortable to move online.
Monday and Wednesday courses are delivered through online learning.
• Course requirements for Online Learning
• Access to the use of a laptop/PC/tablet/smart phone
• Google Chrome is the recommended browser
• Good internet connection.
Students must have basic IT Skills.
Fees apply to all part-time programmes.
A fee waiver of 30% is provided for applicants in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment. Please also check other fee waiver entitlements with Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP), INTREO or your Local Employment Service (LES) office that you may be eligible for.
A fee waiver of 50% will apply for OAP applicants
A fee waiver of 40% will apply for Current Day Learner applicants
These discounts will apply to the tuition fee of the course, and is not applicable to examination fees.