Spreadsheet Methods QQI Level 5 (Classroom)
Wed 6.30-9.30pm • Duration: 13 Weeks
Commencement Date: Wednesday 5th October 2022
This Spreadsheet Methods course is suitable for those wishing to equip themselves with the knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets at a fundamental level under supervision, using common spreadsheet features. Working on-site in our computer laboratory you will be supported to develop an understanding of spreadsheet concepts and their range of applications.
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets.
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha,
and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros.
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering.
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility.
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros.
- Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation.
- Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references,
conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions.
- Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data.
- Produce a Spreadsheet Project, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The approach to delivery may have to be adjusted at short notice moving to online depending on advice from the Government. Refunds will NOT BE given if classes have to move online from the classroom. Please ensure that you have access to a device to support your learning and you are comfortable to move online.
Tuition Fee: €280 (Examination Fee Included)
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Minor Award in Payroll 5N1546 (5M2468)
Commencement Date:Wednesday 5th October 2022
This course is delivered in the classroom which may have to be adjusted at short notice depending on advice from the government.